Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year, I mean what’s not to love about crazy makeup and Christmas around the corner? However trying to decide what to go as is always tricky, so when River Island got in touch to challenge me to create a #RITrick or #RITreat look, I graciously accepted.
With a bag full of halloween goodies in hand I decided to create a Snow Queen makeup look, although it did turn a little alien like but lets ignore that shall we! So here’s how to create my Halloween Snow Queen look.
- Paint entire face and neck with white face paint | Snazaroo paint in white.
- Contour cheeks, nose, jaw and forehead with grey, black and blue eyeshadows | Tarte Tartelette & BH Cosmetics 120 Palette.
- Create ombre eyebrows by defining the ends with black liner and the front with grey and blue eyeshadow | NV Liner* & BH Cosmetics Palette.
- Use grey eyeshadows to define the socket and underneath of the eyes and add a think line of black liner | BH Cosmetics Palette & Soap and Glory Supercat liner.
- Apply false lashes which have been lightly painted with white face paint | Eylure 100 Lashes*.
- Use black eyeshadows and liner to create a smudgy black lip | Tarte Tartelette Palette & Soap and Glory Supercat liner.
- Highlight the cheekbones, nose, brow bone etc with shimmery eyeshadows | Barry M Dazzle Dust in 27*.
- Add finishing touches with jewels and silver detailing | Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Surge & nail art jewels.
- Spray hair with white hairspray | Neon Hairspray in White*.
- Add black neck tattoo and jewelled head piece | River Island Hair Accessory* & removable tattoos*.
And there we have it, my
alien snow queen makeup look. I can’t quite decide if it’s supposed to be scary or not yet, but as long as it’s got face paint and plenty of lashes I’m happy.
What are you going as this halloween?