Welcome back to the next instalment of Behind the Blogger! I’m beyond excited to introduce Corrie from DizzyBrunette3 as my next blogger! I’ve been reading Corrie’s blog and watching her YouTube channel for years now and she has been a constant inspiration!
So without further ado, lets get to the questions.
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
It was other bloggers. I’d loved reading a few other beauty blogs and then one day when I was bored, decided that I wanted my own blog too! I’ve always loved writing and make up, so it seemed something that went hand in hand together!
2) What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re not blogging? And yes that means not tweeting or instagramming too!
Probably either chilling watching Netflix- I am obsessed with Orange Is The New Black, or 90210 at the moment! Or having a real internet break, so relaxing in the bath, or walking my dog Frankie.
3) If you could only use one makeup brand which would you choose and why?
This is so hard! I probably would say Bourjois as I do love most of their products! Their foundations are my favourite from the drugstore, and they do a good range of products!
4) One thing you’re most proud of when it comes to Dizzy Brunette3?
I think the thing I’m most proud of is that I’ve been doing this for so long! I get very bored with things and give up a lot of the time, so the fact that I have been blogging for five years is a great achievement for me :) Also being able to do this for my job is a great achievement for me too, as I was never sure what my career goal was. So the fact that I created it myself is a big deal for me :)
5) If you could only use one social media, which would you choose and why?
Instagram! Cause it’s quite a positive place, and I find looking through pictures really relaxing and inspiring! I love Instagram at the moment!
6) What’s your favourite thing about the blogging community? and having awesome blogger besties?
The fact that I’ve met people who are like minded like me. I have close friends who I speak to every day, who know what it’s like being a blogger. We all love the same things and just get each other. Other than that its a very positive place that has genuinely made me so much more confident within myself. I never feel lonely as I can go on twitter and feel like I have a ton of friends around me.
7) Top 3 tips for YouTube? Your channel is amazing!
Ah thank you! :)
1. be yourself, and don’t feel you have to act to be someone else!
2. Teach yourself basic editing skills, there are so many easy YouTube tutorials to follow, and if you can do some basic editing it will really improve your videos!
3. Upload as regularly as you can :)
8) Makeup or clothes? Chocolate or wine? Shoes or bags? Pool or beach? Netflix or YouTube?
Ooh this is tough!
Make Up (this is tough though as I do love clothes and shopping!)
Chocolate! (chocolate hasn’t ever made me go home at 11:30pm drunk after drinking a whole bottle…whoops)
Shoes (I’ve recently been obsessed with pumps and trainers and find these a bit more exciting than bags at the mo!)
Beach (as I love the sound of waves, it’s one of my favourite sounds ever!! I’m at my happiest when I’m on a beach)
THIS IS TOUGH! I’m going to say YouTube because I can always find things to watch, and there’s so much on YouTube to watch!
9) Dizzy Brunette3 is one of my favourite blogs and the followers keep growing, but what can we expect from Dizzy Brunette3 in the future?
Ah thank you so much :)
I really hope that you’ll see better content from me, I’m expanding the genres that I’m blogging about, so you’ll keep seeing different things from me! I want to travel more, so hopefully more travel content and then with my videos hopefully you’ll see better edited videos that are more creative :) I’m excited though, and take each day as it comes! :)
I’d like to say a huge thank you to Corrie for taking part in Behind the Blogger, I loved reading her answers, I really should take those YouTube tips on board!