Day 2 of Spring Week and I’m bringing you the food of the season, scones.
Now to be honest I love scones all year round, but there’s something about a cream tea in spring that just can’t be beaten! But forget waiting for the weekend to head to a cafe, homemade scones are even better, so here’s my spring time scone recipe!
200g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
50g Sultanas (optional)
5 tbsp Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 210 degrees C (fan) and place in a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture using the tips of your fingers, until a fine breadcrumb has formed.
- Add the sultanas and stir.
- Create a well in the mixture and add the egg and milk.
- Using a wooden spoon quickly mix it all together until the dough starts to form.
- Place the dough on a floured board and kneed lightly.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of 2cm.
- Using a round cutter, cut out as many scones as you can (average of 6).
- Put them on the pre-heated trays and bake for 8-10 mins.