Well after a long hard day watching Netflix, I was in need of something super healthy and yummy! I spent a good half an hour searching for recipes when I came across this one on the BBC Good Food website.
Now I switched up a few things up for my personal preference and because I’m not one to stick to a recipe! So lets get cooking!
You Will Need: (to serve 2)
1 small red onion
1 clove of garlic
Half a butternut squash (chopped into squares)
Half a broccoli (chopped into small florets)
250g ready to eat quinoa (we went for this quinoa and lentil mix)
Small handful of dried cranberries (we went for orange infused ones!)
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp thyme leaves
1 mozzarella cheese (chopped into chunks)
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- In a pan (with a touch of oil) fry the onion and garlic for around 5 minutes until soft!
- Then transfer them to a large bowl.
- Start to fry your butternut squash in the pan until it starts to go golden.
- Then add the broccoli, a few tbsp of water and the thyme & steam for 5 minutes.
- While that’s cooking away, add your cooked quinoa to the bowl of onions and stir.
- Add the cranberries, parsley, mozzarella & balsamic vinegar to the quinoa bowl and stir.
- Add the steamed squash and broccoli to the bowl and give it one final stir.
Throw it on a plate and get eating (unless you’re a blogger, then you need to photograph it first).